- take down all curtains and wash or dry clean
- take down blinds and wash them in the bathtub with borax
- while windows are bare, clean sills and glass
- go through and sort items. keep only the things you love!
- go through drawers and closets. take everything out and place in a central location. throw out worn
items and things you don't wear. replace with only things you do wear.
- go through jewelry box and get rid of things you don't wear
- check under bed.
- sweep ceiling
- clean ceiling fan
- take everything off walls and wash walls
- dust all items and replace back on walls
- dust and clean all furniture (don't forget the mirrors)
- clean anything left out
- change bed linens
- throw pillows in dryer with a fabric softener sheet and some tennis balls. turn dryer on the cool
cycle to fluff and freshen
Your bedroom should be a place for you and your spouse to escape to. In Song of Solomon, his beloved
created a haven for her lover. She sprinkled myrrh on the walls and burned incense. In SOS 1:16,17, the lover and his beloved
describe their woodland surroundings as a wedding bedroom. Today we don't have myrrh, and personally, my husband and I do
not like incense. However, we can have a clean room, clean sheets and burn candles. Your spouse needs you to create a haven
of refreshment because the rest of the world usually isn't.