- The Pantry...empty it! Take everything out. Throw away expired/stale food and anything you do not
need in there. Reorganize your pantry.
- Cabinets...tackle these one by one. Start above counters on one side of the room and work in one direction.
When your done on the top, start the cabinets below the counter. Save under the sink for last.
- Get rid of: old, currently unused cleaners, food over 6 months old unless it has a later experation
date, old cracker/cookie boxes, pot's and pans you don't use, anything you have duplicates of (unless you really use them),
and anything in horrible shape
- Store extra serving dishes elsewhere
- Donate any unused items
- Don't forget to wipe down shelves and reline, if needed, before putting items back
- Empty drawers, clean inside, then replace items. Get rid of duplicate utensils if you can
- Clean all appliances inside and out (refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, stove
- Vacuum or sweep throw rugs and place them outside to air out
- Wash wastebasket
- Remove everything from walls and dust appropriately
- Take down all curtains and wash or dry clean them
- Take down blinds and wash them
- Sweep ceiling
- Clean ceiling fan
- Clean windows and window sills
- Wash walls, cabinets, drawers, doors, etc.
- Sink: Use a toothbrush to get rid of gritty dirt around faucet
- Put blinds and curtains back up
- Sweep & mop
- Bring throw rugs back in and put back in place
- Now, slice a lemon and put in a small saucepan with some water. Turn it on and bring to a boil, turn
it down to a simmer and your kitchen will be clean and smell crisp!